Usually whenever I come across helpful wellness-related content as I browse my newsfeed and RSS feed, I save it to my Pocket which is kinda like DVR but for internet articles instead of TV. Really useful if you spend lots of time in places lacking internet service (like commuting via subway). Anywho, in recent weeks I feel like I've been coming across more gems than usual so I thought I would make a list of the articles that have caught my eye.
With the amount of content circulating on the internet, the notion of ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) really isn't fair. There will always be great articles that inevitably get pushed down to the bottom of your feed and I used to have this perpetual feeling of always missing out on things I should be reading. But I suppose that's the nature of certain social media platforms where there is so much information saturation. Perhaps I'll do this every so often to help circulate content that I find particularly interesting or helpful.
(Disclaimer: Some of the topics might be more esoteric than others)
Strength Training, Hypertrophy and Periodization:
- Strengtheory discussing variables and considerations when designing a yearly training plan
- Dr. Brad Schoenfeld on the effects of daily undulating periodization on muscular hypertrophy
- A single set of exhaustive exercise before resistance training improves muscular performance in young men
- Nutritional considerations for muscular hypertrophy
- Dennis Treubig via The Manual Therapist on commonly overlooked issues when rehabbing the rotator cuff
- Dr. Sean Rockett, orthopedic surgeon who serves on the medical team for the Crossfit Games on whether or not you should get rotator cuff surgery
- John Snyder with an evidence based approach on rotator cuff strengthening
- Dr. Danny Matta of Atheltes Potential on treating your rotator cuff pain. Also check out Part 1 and 3 in his shoulder self-treatment video series.
- Surgery with Rehab vs. Just Rehab for people with torn ACLs--the results will surprise you (#clickbait)
- Dr. Charlie Weingroff with the Training = Rehab approach following ACL reconstruction
- Cool visual presentation on why/how we hurt our tendons
- 9 Rules of Tendinopathy by Dr. Peter Malliaras
- Todd Hargrove with a systems perspective on chronic pain
- An excerpt from Dr. Stu McGill's book "Back Mechanic" via StrongFirst
- Nociception vs. Pain via Dr. Jarod Hall. An old article, but new to me!
- Dr. Quinn Henoch via Sigma Nutrition on the butt wink
- David Leyland on improving tibial internal rotation via CARS
- Dr. Ryan DeBell of TheMovementFix on butt wink